HALLOWEEN 2017 DATE AND TIMES
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 31st, 4PM to 7PM.
Fairfield Township has joined with the other surrounding municipalities in Cumberland County to designate Tuesday, October 31st, 2017 as the official Township Trick-Or-Treat date between the hours of 4PM to 7PM.
Mayor Byrd and the entire Fairfield Township Committee and staff wish all of our residents and visitors to have a safe, healthy and happy Halloween Celebration! We have included some basic safety tips to ensure that our residents and especially our youth remain safe during this holiday.
To help ensure adults and children have a safe holiday, the American Academy of Pediatrics has compiled a list of Halloween Safety Tips, including do’s and don’ts on the trick-or-treat trail:
- A parent or responsible adult should always accompany young children on the neighborhood rounds
- If your older children are going alone, plan and review the route that is acceptable to you
- Agree on a specific time when children should return home
- Only go to homes with a porch light on and never enter a home or car for a treat
Children and adults are reminded to put electronic devices down, keep heads up and walk, don’t run, across the street. NSC offers the following safety tips for parents – and anyone who plans to be on the road during trick-or-treat hours:
Safety Tips for Motorists
- Watch for children walking on roadways, medians and curbs
- Enter and exit driveways and alleys carefully
- At twilight and later in the evening, watch for children in dark clothing
- Instruct your children to travel only in familiar, well-lit areas and avoid trick-or-treating alone
- Tell your children not to eat any treats until they return home
- Teach your children to never enter a stranger’s home
- All costumes, wigs and accessories should be fire-resistant
- If children are allowed out after dark, fasten reflective tape to their costumes and bags to make sure they are visible
- When buying Halloween makeup, make sure it is nontoxic and always test it in a small area first
- Remove all makeup before children go to bed to prevent skin and eye irritation