Hours of Operation
8:00AM – 4:00PM
Wednesday and Saturday
The Fairfield Township Committee has assigned employees to oversee, monitor, direct, and maintain the Township Convenience Center. Their duties shall include:
- Maintain order and oversee the operation of the Convenience Center.
- Restrict the use of the Convenience Center to Fairfield Township residents whose vehicles bear a current sticker as set forth herein.
- Oversee, monitor and inspect waste to be disposed at the Convenience Center to ensure compliance with the Township Ordinance.
- Prohibit the disposal of waste that is no permitted or in excess of allowances.
Convenience Center placards are available at the Municipal Building, during normal business hours, free of charge for the initial and for a $5 fee for a second placard. All residents must show proof of residence as well as the vehicle registration for the vehicle they intend to use at the Center. Placards must be hung from the rear-view mirror of the vehicle. Residents may not allow anyone to use their placard.
Prohibited Activities and Behavior
- Horseplay or playing, climbing, entering or otherwise tampering with containers, debris or waste materials or equipment.
- Using or being under the influence of alcohol or controlled substances.
- The use of foul or abusive language.
- Driving or operating a motor vehicle in an unsafe, or hazardous manner.
- The parking or standing of a vehicle as to block the driveway or access ways to the designated drop-off or disposal areas of the facility, or driving in an unauthorized area.
- Any activity or behavior which threatens the safety or well-being of any person.
- Dropping off waste or materials at the site during non-operational hours.
- Scavenging, sorting, rummaging, removal, or taking of any metal, waste or materials deposited at the Convenience Center.
Convenience Center Rules
- Users must follow the directions of the site manager at all times.
- No trees or other like vegetative matter is permitted for drop off.
- All recyclables must be placed in the proper containers and not placed on the ground
- All vehicles must have trash in proper containers and covered adequately.
- No trash is to be deposited outside the Convenience Center gates.
- Users must have a current Convenience Center placard hung from the vehicle rear-view mirror.
- All exposed waste & recyclables must be tarped.
- No commercial waste from any business is permitted.
- No tires, vehicle parts or motor oils are permitted.
- Residents shall make no more than one trip per day to the Center.
- No resident shall be permitted to drop off on any trip to the Convenience Center in excess of twelve (12) bags. Maximum bag size for this purpose shall be 30 gallons.
The following waste material shall not be deposited at the Township Convenience Center:
- Any waste generated in connection with a commercial or industrial activity.
- Trees or other like vegetative matter.
- Demolition debris; including plastic, plasterboard, shingles, concrete, pallets, general lumber, waste or other separate or commingled waste resulting from the demolition of a structure or part thereof.
- Chemicals, solvents, oils, petroleum products, paints, pesticides, dye and/or hazardous material as classified by any Federal, State or County agency or their containers.
- Waste generated as a result of an agricultural use or activity.
- Dead animals.
- Liquid waste.
- Gas or propane tanks.